Everything You Need to Know About the Australia Training Visa (Subclass 407)
If you’re trying to figure out whether or not the Australia Training Visa (Subclass 407) could work for you, you’ve come to the right place! Below we outline everything you need to know about this visa, including who qualifies, how long it lasts, and what skills are required. Read on to get all of the information that you need!
What exactly is it? The Australia Training Visa (Subclass 407) permits you to study temporarily in Australia. You must be accepted into an appropriate course at an authorized school and have sufficient finances to cover all course fees, living expenses, and travel costs connected with studying in Australia. You must demonstrate your commitment to your studies by enrolling full-time and passing most of your classes with passing marks while on the visa.
What is a Visa
A visa is a sticker placed on your passport, allowing you to enter and exit a country. Traveling on a permit is required for those not citizens of that country. For someone to be eligible for a visa, they must meet specific requirements. The requirements vary depending on the type of visa being applied for but generally include proof of citizenship, work/study eligibility, and financial stability.
Basic Explanation of a Visa
The Australian Government offers a subclass of visas for international students who wish to undertake vocational training in Australia. It is called the subclass 407 visa. To apply for this visa, you must use SkillSelect, an online platform that handles all applications under this category. On Skill Select, you must select your occupation and state the organization or institution you are applying to.
What Is an Australia Training Visa 407?
A 407 visa is a temporary visa issued to individuals attending a work training course.
The training course can be focused on improving your skills for your current occupation or field of study in higher education or a professional training program.
Australia Training Visa Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for this type of training visa in Australia, you must be:
- Nominated by an approved sponsor.
- Invited (if your sponsor is a Commonwealth Government institution).
Your nomination and sponsorship have to be attached to your visa application.
If you want to receive a training visa 407 for Australia, you must submit these documents:
- Passport and IDs. You have to provide up-to-date passport and identification documents. These include birth certificates, national ID cards, driver’s licenses, marriage certificates, divorce certificates, adoption papers, etc. You may be required to submit a photograph and your fingerprints.
- Invitation Letter. If an Australian Commonwealth Government institution supports you, you must provide a copy of your invitation letter.
- Sponsorship Proof. Individuals who apply for an Australia training visa have to provide:
- A letter of approval from your sponsor or a receipt proving the submission of the sponsorship application.
- A letter of approval from your sponsor’s nomination or a receipt proving the submission of the nomination application.
- A written statement from your sponsor that they will meet all the obligations towards you and all the family members included in your application.
- Volunteer Forms. If the training is a volunteer position, your sponsor must attach Forms 1283 and 1284 with the nomination form.
- Qualification Documents. You must submit a copy of your resume and qualifications, including copies of registration or licenses (if applicable). This includes a letter on company letterhead from your current employer detailing your position and responsibilities.
- Financial Funds Documents. You have to provide proof that you can financially support yourself and your family members (if any):
- Bank statements.
- A letter from your bank stating your financial situation.
- Employment contracts.
- Evidence of allowance, stipends, and accommodation from your sponsor.
- A letter of support from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (if you were a supported student or receiver of AusAid).
- Health Insurance It’s essential for you and any other family member coming with you to have health insurance for Australia. You should purchase insurance from a reliable provider.
- Evidence of English Language Proficiency. You must prove you have enough language skills if your first language isn’t English. You can submit certificates from primary or secondary school from an English-speaking institution. Also, you can provide a certificate from one of the acceptance tests in Australia for language proficiency:
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE).
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE).
- Proof of Good Character. It’s essential to prove that you meet the character requirements for Australia
- Occupational Training Requirements. You must submit a letter from the competent institution of your occupation in your country naming you as the training receiver. The letter must also include the training necessary to get a license, registration, or membership to continue working within your occupation.
- A letter stating you have conditional registration for the training from the appropriate authority or a regulatory body. This is required if you are a healthcare professional treating patients during the training.
- Australian Values Statement. You must sign a declaration confirming you will uphold all Australian laws and regulations and respect Australian values.
- Assistance Documents. If you need help with your visa application, then provide the following:
How do you obtain your visa?
This visa is for those outside Australia seeking to acquire occupational skills and credentials. A written offer from an Australian business ready to sponsor your application would be advantageous. This procedure will begin with the submission of an Expression of Interest form. If approved, you will be invited for additional evaluation and orientation before being awarded a visa. When applying, you will be required to give evidence that you have sufficient funds to sustain yourself while living in Australia, proof of any relevant credentials or experience, and evidence that no Australians are likely to be available or interested in the role.
Apply for a Training Visa for Australia.
For a training visa 407, you have to apply online through an ImmiAccount:
- Open an ImmiAccount.
- Submit the visa form.
- Assemble the required documents.
- Submit the application fee.
Open an ImmiAccount
An online application has to be submitted through an ImmiAccount. If you don’t have one, you must open a new account. The ImmiAccount is free- all you have to do is open one through your email and set up a password.
Submit the Visa Form
In your ImmiAccount, you may pick up the training visa form 407 and complete it. It is vital to provide the state with current personal information. After completing the form, it must be signed and submitted. You can then proceed with the remainder of the application.
Applicants for this visa must satisfy the following criteria: -They must be nominated by a state, territory, or foreign government agency. -Provide evidence that they will get appropriate support for their stay from a state or territory government agency or an Australian firm. -Provide evidence that they desire to and can acquire employment following their training period.
How Much Does a Training Visa for Australia Cost?
A training visa of 407 for Australia costs AUD 315. The visa charge for a training visa can change depending on your circumstances.
Occupational Types for an Australia Training Visa
There are three types of occupational training visas depending on the purpose of your training:
- Occupational training is required for registration.
- Occupational training to improve your skills in an eligible occupation.
- Occupational training for capacity building overseas.
When can you apply for permanent residence?
What can you do with this visa?
How long can you stay in Australia using this visa?
What are your obligations as an applicant for this visa?
Required Occupational Training for Registration
To get occupational registration, membership, or licensing, candidates must complete training in the workplace. Enrollment, membership, or licensure is required for persons who wish to practice their profession in Australia or their native country.
Occupational Training to Enhance Your Competence in an Eligible Profession
This form of training applies to visa applicants who wish to participate in programs that are:
- explicitly tailored for the training needs of the applicant.
- Related to the specific eligible occupations listed by the Immigration Office
- Featuring a nominee with recent experience (a year of full-time experience in the related field or an experience that happened 24 months immediately preceding the nomination).
Occupational Training for Capacity Building Overseas
This training includes:
- Overseas Qualifications. These are workplace-based training in Australia that lasts up to six months for students currently enrolled in a foreign education program and must complete practical training, research, or observation. This type of training must be fashioned according to the applicant's needs.
- Government Support. Includes structured workplace-based training that is supported by a government agency in Australia or the government of the applicant’s home country. Both must be kept at the national state or territory level.
- Professional Development. Professional development comprises face-to-face training or teachings in a classroom setting. This training program suits overseas employers who want to send their employees for professional development.
- How to Apply for US Family-Based Immigrant Visas
- No IELTS Required! Apply Now for Canadian Scholarships
- University Of Manitoba International Undergraduate Student Entrance Scholarships
- Australia Retirement Visa - Eligibility and Requirements
- The Top Scholarship Programs in Australia for 2023
- Work as an Improvement Manager in Australian Businesses
- Apply now to work as an arborist in Australia!